Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Peter Schiff / Glenn Beck


(From March 2008)

I generally don't like Glenn Beck's show, but overall he does seem more open to at least listening to alternative explanations to our economic crisis. To be fair, I did not--nor have I ever--read anything Beck has written (as he alludes to in the clip below)...so my opinion of Beck is far from final.

Schiff's appears about two minutes into the clip. Beck and Schiff go back and forth talking about the residual effects of the housing crunch, then Schiff delivers what I think is the most important line in the interview. At about the 4:50 mark, Schiff explains that Americans are seeing their wealth evaporate, not because the Chinese are eating more food, but because the Fed is printing more money.



I apologize for the Phil DeCarolis advertisements before and after the clip. I don't know who DeCarolis is or what he stands for, and right now I'm too lazy to investigate.

No comments: