Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday Afternoon Posting


I'll be posting a few things in a little bit, right after I figure out how to embed YouTube clips in my blog without violating any netiquette rules. A short while ago I was reprimanded for poor practice while linking to pictures in other people's sites. Oops. Apparently there are people out there who'll purposely sabotage the link if they don't approve of your linking to their site. Whatever; I'll master this trade and have a few things to say before the afternoon is over.

There will be no new Map My Run segment this Saturday as I ran the same route as last Saturday. I felt a little better this time out, mostly because I took Tuesday through Friday off from running. Fridays and Mondays are my usual non-running days, but an aggravating injury prevented me from running on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Since I'm relatively close to race day (about a month away) I figured a couple of days on the crappy elliptical machine in my apartment complex gym was a smart thing to do. Normally my first, second, and third reaction to injuries is to try to work through them (does that make me tough in your eyes?) but in this situation I could tell the body was telling me to slow down...or else.

No comments: