Monday, March 31, 2008

Oh That Cheney: Just a Regular Dick!


Ah, yes. For those of you who have lost sleep wondering how the Vice President travels, CNN
offers a sycophantic "inside" look at Dick Cheney's needs while on the road.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Cheney's needs include diet Sprite, microwave popcorn, and FOX News, among other things. I'm not sure if the author's intent was to portray Cheney in a normal light or not, but the cheerful mood of the writing sharply contrasts with my mental image of the man. Like most people, whenever I think of Cheney, I think Darth Vader...not a man relaxing in a cargo plane watching movies before cheerfully meeting with leaders of foreign countries.

Unfortunately, the article does not cite an author or allow comments, which was the purpose of my reading the article over lunch today. With an (impossible) approval rating somewhere in the negative number set, I'm not sure the AP's attempt to breathe life into Cheney's terminator-esque persona will be well-received.

But still, there's something about Cheney that I'm drawn to...but I'm not sure what it is, though. I think my inexplicable attraction stems from the same jaded batch of emotions that led me to cheer for the coyote in Warner Brothers cartoons.

No comments: